Ireland-Day 6

Our last day in Ireland couldn't have gone better. It was, as they say often in Ireland, "perfect." We began the morning in the seaside town of Dingle, where we took a boat ride to visit a Dingle staple citizen, Fungi the dolphin. We were told that if we did not see him, the trip was refunded. Thankfully, that was not the case. Once Captain Mike tracked him down, we got at least half an hour of watching him. He swam close to the boat, ducked in and out of the water, and blew water. It was our first boat trip out into the ocean and our first time seeing a dolphin. After watching him, Captain Mike took us around to see one of the natural scenery that borders the Atlantic Ocean. The water was so blue and clear that I was tempted to jump in, even if it was apparently 55°F.
Our last big activity of the day and the trip was a visit to the Cliffs of Moher. It is the most visited natural attraction in Ireland, and it is clear why. The steep stroll is well worth it when you get to the view part of the activity. It was a perfect thing for our last day. The Cliffs, as they are simply called here, proudly display and encompass the natural beauty that the Emerald Isle is full of, and I think we both could've spent hours there, just looking at the cliffs and the ocean below.
Our last B & B was an adorable farmhouse with a greeting crew (3 adorable pups) and a friendly and funny owner. We finished the day with a walk around her farm, being watchful followed by her pen of yearling(ish) bulls. I suppose mom and I are just man magnets.
I  feel a little like David Tennant in his final episode as the Doctor in Doctor Who [Click Here for Reference].  I do miss tribe (people, dog, cows, etc.), and I know there are wonderful things waiting for me there in my little corner of the world, but it is going to be difficult to leave a place that has been so welcoming, rewarding, and beautiful. I know I have not been all that many places in my 27 years, but I can honestly say that this has been the most beautiful place I have ever been, and it's going to take a lot to top it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ireland --Day 2

Ireland - Day 5

Ireland- Day 4